Sunday, June 22, 2008

Matt Hoyle's New Book, *Encounters*

Reproduced from http://www.MySpace.com/GaddyBergmann


Saturday, February 23, 2008

I’m in Matt Hoyle’s new book, *Encounters*

Current mood: excited

Category: Art and Photography

I received a long-anticipated book in the mail yesterday: Matt Hoyle's new photobook, Encounters. What is this book about, you ask? Well, let me tell you.

While in college at the University of Colorado at Boulder, I used to frequent a beautiful wilderness area in the foothills called Chautauqua Park. Late one night, I was there all alone when something very unusual happened. I was standing on a hill overlooking the town below, when I heard something move a few hundred feet away on my right. When I followed the sound, I saw a tall figure sillhouetted against the night sky, but it did not seem human. It had broad shoulders, a short neck, small head, and a vaguely furry outline: apparently, a bigfoot.This figure and I watched each other for a few seconds, and then it ran off into the night. I'll never forget how it ran, though. It was fast, but I doubt if any person could run like that and still maintain that kind of speed. It was kind of a lurch, more like a gallop than a run. And then it was gone. I was scared, so rather than hang around for anything bad to happen, I ran back down the hill and drove home. What an amazing night that was.

Well, I posted my account on the internet a couple years ago. Last year, an assistant to photographer Matt Hoyle contacted me. She said that Matt was traveling across America, interviewing people who claimed to have seen strange creatures, ghosts, or UFO's, and photographing their portraits for a new book. She asked if I would agree to be included in the book, and I said, "yes." So, Matt and his assistant came out here to Denver. They recorded my account, took my picture, and said I'd be hearing from them. Yesterday, I did.

The book looks great! It's full of the accounts of dozens of people from all over the country, all claiming to have seen these odd, inexplicable things. And I'm one of these people. Well, you can say we're odd. You can say we didn't really see what we thought we saw, and maybe that's true. But whatever that creature was that night, it was not a normal person. I think it was a sasquatch, and maybe those other people saw paranormal beings, too.

Gaddy Bergmann

http://www.GaddyBergmann.com

Denver, Colorado

Currently reading :

Encounters: With the Strange and Unexplained

By Matt Hoyle

Release date: 01 October, 2007

No comments: